As Peer Power continues to evolve and develop, we regularly respond to changes within the education landscape. We are seeking qualified candidates to fill our new CEO role. This individual will bring ample opportunity to advance our organization and to impact more of our Memphis students, both in high school and college.
PEER POWER FOUNDATION
Peer Power is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization innovating the public education system by inspiring and empowering youth to take control of their academic success. In partnership with Shelby County Schools and the University of Memphis, Peer Power’s Memphis Model recruits, trains, and employs high-performing college scholars to coach and mentor public high school students within the classroom. This model improves high schoolers’ grades, standardized test scores, and college and job readiness, provides college students with job experience and the financial means to stay in school, and increases teachers’ job satisfaction, performance, and retention by reducing the student-to-adult ratio to 10:1.
The formal partnerships with both Shelby County Schools and University of Memphis are pivotal anchors to the organization’s expansion plans. The organization currently operates in five Shelby County Schools and expects to add two new schools each year for the next few years.
The CEO has final responsibility for daily operations, fund development, community
engagement, core programs, finances, marketing, and business planning. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be the face of Peer Power Foundation.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing people, developing high-performance teams, managing budgets, and achieving goals. The candidate must feel as comfortable speaking in public as writing about the objectives and success of the organization. More importantly, the CEO must communicate passion and excitement for Peer Power’s mission in all efforts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mission and strategy
- Lead Peer Power’s relationships and partnerships with Shelby County Schools, University of Memphis, and others
- Be accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Contribute to the development of and participation in all strategic planning efforts
- Collaborate with our marketing partner on external communications and opportunities
- Establish and maintain outstanding working relationships with key constituencies for Peer Power, including school leaders, teachers, local philanthropic organizations with education interests and investments, and local and state government officials
- Identify, manage, and broker partnerships with community leaders
Financial performance and viability
- Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization including but not limited to fund development, partnerships, grants, etc.
- Responsible for fiscal management, resource utilization, and maintenance of a positive financial position
- Work with the CFO to develop financial budgets and ensure the timely submission of quarterly financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Maintain administrative relationship with key local and national funders
- Achieve budgeted financial objectives
- Develop an operational plan that articulates timelines, goals, and measurements of success
- Lead the execution of the operational plan and manage the operational team
- Responsible for effectively communicating and engaging Board members to accomplish Peer Power’s mission and expansion
- Work with data analysts to evaluate and report Peer Power Foundation effectiveness at partner schools via MAP scores, subject matter proficiency, ACT scores, and graduation rates
- Assist in coordinating resources to support programs, events, and activities, as needed, and evolving needs of Peer Power-supported schools
- Responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all agreements and contracts
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree is preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience; track record of effectively leading and growing an organization; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies to take an organization to the next stage of growth
- Working knowledge of operations, financial management, and marketing methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Cloud for Good (or applicable CRM database)
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to collaborate with partners, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience)
- Excellent medical benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off including 12 personal/vacation days a year with 15 days after 5 years
- 10 national holidays
- 401k plan with company match
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume and cover letter to careers [at] peerpowerfoundation [dot] org.