Better with Numbers
Results from our fully implemented program show that Whitehaven’s graduation rate rose from 74.8% to over 90% during our engagement. Over the last 4 years, Whitehaven’s graduation rate has consistently been twelve percentage points higher than the Shelby County Schools’ average. It is currently the highest-rated public high school in Shelby County based on TVAAS evaluations measuring growth. Whitehaven High School’s class of 2017 also earned $130 million in scholarships.
Peer Power Quick Facts:
- 1,100,000+ hours of paid tutoring since 2005
- Created 1,600+ quality jobs for students
- More than 10,000 students involved in programs
- Average ACT score increase of 3.2 points, enabling many scholars to be first in their families to attend college
- Largest outside employer of University of Memphis students